Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Soup/Salad and Pizza, Review and Pics

The soup was super easy.  I really liked it.  The kids said they didn't like it that much but they have never had minestrone before.  They might like it better next time.  Maura did eat all of hers though.  Chris isn't home from work to try his yet.



The pizza smelled awesome.  I knew that the kids wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole so I made them a three cheese pizza.  I liked the pizza.  I would make it again for sure.  It had a unique taste and it's ingredients worked surprisingly well together.



The olive salad was good.  I ended up halving the recipe since I didn't have all that lettuce.  I was pleasantly surprised that the olive oil and olive brine was enough of a dressing for me.  I didn't miss any dressing at all.  I think if I made this again I would use less olives, maybe 1/2 of each type.  And for some reason I thought a thinly sliced cucumber would have added to the lightness of it.

And that was my dinner for tonight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment