Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vegetarian Recipes I would like to try

This week I read Vegetarian Times Vegetarian Beginners Guide.  I think there are some good sounding recipes in there and I would love to give some of them a try as soon as I can.
Here are some that sounded good to me;
1.Fettucine with Black Olive Pesto and Scallions
served with Tomato and Mozzarella Salad with Vinaigrette
and garlic bread
2. Vegetarian Paella
served with Tomato and Orange Salad
and steamed sugar snap peas
3. Quick Minestrone
served with Sun-Dried Tomato, Veggies and Goat Cheese Pizza
and Mixed Greens with Olives
4. Vegetable Curry with Lentils
served with Basmati Rice
and Cucumber and Radish Raita
5. Black Bean Enchiladas
served with Orange, Radish and Onion Salsa
and Spicy Mexican Rice
6. Moroccan Vegetable Tagine with Couscous
Served with Cucumbers with Garlic Yogurt
and Pita bread
Other things that sounded good but I didn't like their whole meal choices were:
1. Apple Salad
2. Spicy Sesame Noodles
3. Cucumber and Dill Salad
4. Cincinnati Chili
I look forward to making and sharing these recipes with you in the coming weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment