Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stuffed Banana Peppers

My mom made this sometimes in the summer when I was growing up.  I always liked it and asked for the recipe.  I have made it before and it was just as good last night!

Ingredients:
About 12 banana peppers
16 oz. ricotta cheese
1 egg
chopped parsley (I usually use dried)
garlic salt (about 1 tsp, I didn't measure)
Parmesan cheese (about 1 TBSP, I didn't measure)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I only used half)

Method:
Mix all ingredients together besides peppers.  Stuff the peppers, place in baking dish, cover with spaghetti sauce and tin foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.  The recipe says 1 hour but they were done after 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment