Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Monday, April 25, 2011

Door to Door Organics Delivery

I have been so busy lately with family tree research that I haven't taken the time to post here.  I have been cooking as much as usual, I just haven't been counting, calculating and photographing all the meals.

Here are a few pictures of my Friday delivery that I got from Door to Door Organics.  I ended up using a coupon through Groupon so it was $11 for what is shown here.  If anyone wants to buy something through Groupon, you could use this link to help me out;  http://www.groupon.com/r/uu10167894.


Everything that we have eaten so far has been fresh and delicious.  I used all the lettuce for two different salads for Easter at two houses.  I made sweet potato fries with the two sweet potatoes.  Chris and the kids have eaten most of the fruit.  I am determined to get one of the apples or pears.  I still need to use the carrots and zucchini and cucumber.  I am planning to use those tonight and tomorrow for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment