Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Friday, April 1, 2011

Review and Picture of Southern Oven "Fried" Chicken

This was delicious.  All of us liked it and I will make this again.  I think I would change a few things.  It called for 1/2 cup of buttermilk but I might have used 1/4 cup.  And for the chicken pieces I had, I could have used about 1 TBSP more of flour and 1/4 cup more of corn flakes.  Also, the cooking time was a little long for boneless pieces.  I decreased it a little but it still got a little dry so I will have to use my meat thermometer next time.
I served this with red potatoes and steamed broccoli.
  I tossed 6 red potatoes with 1 TBSP olive oil and a packet of Italian dressing mix.  They were so good and there were leftovers!  I just baked them in the oven with the chicken on 400 for about 20-30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment