Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Greek Stuffed Peppers

I borrowed this recipe from a friend, Amanda Bordine.  I am going to make it tonight and will figure out nutritionals and post pics.

Greek Stuffed Bell Peppers

Stuffing Recipe:

Cooked Orzo pasta = about a 2 cups)
Kalamata Olives = about 12 chopped)
Crumbled Feta = 1/4 cup
Red Onion = 1/2 diced
Spinach = 1/2 cup chopped
Light Italian dressing = 1/4 cup
Garnish: feta and chopped pine nuts

Mix the orzo salad together. Cut the tops off 4 red peppers. Clean out centers then lightly using olive oil brush the insides and outsides of the peppers. Stuff with 1/2 cup of salad. Top with crumbled feta and chopped pine nuts. Bake at 425*F for 25 minutes, watch that the center gets hot the the tops don't burn.

I served them with grilled pita bread.
Lightly brush pita bread with olive oil and sprinkle with McCormick Salad Supreme (like snackers from Olga's)

No comments:

Post a Comment