Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Thursday, June 16, 2011

Homemade Whipped Cream

I am not a fan of Cool Whip but I do like fresh whipped cream.  We haven't tried the Strawberry Pie so I guess that it will be dessert tonight with this topping.

 

This recipe was posted by Paula on Allrecipes.com. 

 

Ingredients

  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter-like.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 54 | Total Fat: 5.5g | Cholesterol: 20mg

No comments:

Post a Comment