Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Sunday, April 22, 2012

Homemade Pizza and Salad

When I went shopping last weekend, I stocked up on pizza dough from Whole Foods (my favorite of all I have tried and tried making) and wine from Trader Joe's.  They have great prices on wines and carry Two Buck Chuck.
I don't think we will ever get sick of salad and pizza for dinner at our house.  I usually take one dough and divide it into three.  I use one bigger portion to make a pizza for Chris and I and then two smaller pizzas for the kids.  Maura doesn't like sauce on her pizza and yesterday opted for cheese only.  Nolan likes a variety of things and chose sauce, cheese, pepperoni and ham on his.  He made his own.  And I used the giant slices of pepperoni from Whole Foods deli on mine and Chris'.  Maura ended up eating a slice of this later.
I love salad with pizza.  It takes the edge off of your hunger before you dig in and it is such a refreshing thing.  I tend to throw in a mix of what I have around.  This week I chopped up the last boiled Easter egg and sprinkled it on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment