Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Juicing right along

So...  It's been forever but I am back.  I have been eating healthier again for about two weeks and trying to get outside for bike riding or walking at least once per day.

I was lucky enough to have a friend willing to lend us her juicer.  I wanted to try the juice, see how we all liked it and how often we would use it before purchasing one for our household.

So far, we have used it twice but in one day.  I was having a party the next day so wanted the counter space.  I am planning to get it out at least once this week.

Here is a picture of our orange, banana, carrot juice!  We all liked it and the kids couldn't guess that there was carrot in there.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment