Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First, here is a picture of the breaded eggplant ready to go into the oven for first baking.
Next, here is a picture of the eggplant baked once and ready for second baking.
Finally, a picture of the ready to eat Eggplant Parmesan.
The only complaint; more sauce.  We ended up warming up some extra sauce and pouring onto our individual plates.  If you don't like a lot of sauce, this will do but pasta is a little dry without a little added sauce. 
The kids aren't into eggplant yet.  I am hoping one day, they will be.  I am looking forward to making this over the summer with some eggplant from my garden beds. 
My friend Sarah uses her extra eggplant parm. as a pizza topping.  I might try that this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment