Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One of my favorites, Easier Chicken Marsala (recipe included)

I love this recipe! I can't remember where I first saw it but I know that I adjusted the recipe to fit WW's the last time I was going strong with it.
Ingredients
1/4c. all purpose flour (2 WW points)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt (free)
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper (free)
1/2 tsp. dried oregano (free)
 1 pound of chicken cut into 4 even pieces (16 points total recipe)
1 TBSP olive oil (3 WW points)
1 TBSP. butter (3 WW points)
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms (free) I am using sliced baby bellas this time.
1/2 cup Marsala wine (2 WW points), (find this near the vinegar at Meijer at least).
There is a total of 26 WW points in this recipe. If you divide it by 4, one piece of chicken and some mushrooms and wine for each person, it will be 6.5 WW points per serving. I will serve this with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus tonight. Sometimes I serve it with pasta but since I had pasta last night, I want to do something different.
Easier Chicken Marsala Recipe
1. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, garlic salt, pepper and oregano. Dredge chicken in the mixture to coat. 2. Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken in the skillet for 2 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn the chicken over and add the mushrooms. Cook about 2 minutes until other side of chicken is lightly browned. Stir mushrooms so that they cook evenly. 3. Pour wine over chicken, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. This is very tasty and easy! You could double or triple this recipe if serving to a larger family of course. And as long as you just have 1 piece of chicken etc. it will be the same points.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment