Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Monday, March 28, 2011

Cat Cora's Greek Veggie Burgers with Olive Garlic Sauce recipe

I got this recipe a few years ago from the Morningstar website.  We really like these.  It is a fast and easy recipe too!

Ingredients:
4 veggie burgers
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
2 TBSP lowfat plain yogurt
2 TBSP crumbled feta cheese
1 TBSP chopped green onion
1 tsp fresh chopped oregano (I never used this for the recipe)
1/8 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic minced
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
4 leaves lettuce
4 thin slices tomato
4 thin slices red onion
4 slices cucumber (optional)
Directions:
1. Cook veggie burgers according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together olives, yogurt, cheese, green onion, oregano, pepper and garlic.
3. Serve burgers in buns along with veggies listed and topped with olive mixture.
Nutritionals: 
I am using Boca burgers (b/c that's what I have)-100 calories, 1g fat, 8g carbs, 6g fiber, 19g protein= 2.5 WW points each.
I am using Arnold Select Whole Grain White Sandwich Thins for buns-100 calories, 1g fat, 22g carbs, 5g fiber, 4g protein= 2.5 WW points each.
I am using 16 Kalamata olives, mostly b/c 4=a serving-160 calories, 17.2g fat, 0.4g carbs, 1.2g fiber, 0.8g protein= 4WW points total.
yogurt-free
feta- 45 calories, 3.5g fat, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 3.5g protein= 1.5 WW points total.
green onion, garlic, oregano, lettuce, tomato, red onion and cucumber= free
Total- 6.5 WW points per Boca burger with bun and sauce with veggie toppings.
I will serve this with homemade yam fries and a vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment