Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Orange-Crumbed Baked Chicken

This was taken from the WW New Complete Cookbook but I have changed a few things.  Points will reflect my changes.

You will need;
2 TBSP. orange juice
2 TBSP. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 TBSP. grated orange zest
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast divided into four portions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a non-stick baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, mustard and salt.  On a sheet of wax paper, combine the cracker crumbs, orange zest, shallot and pepper.  Brush the chicken on both sides with the mustard mixture, then dredge in the crumbs, firmly pressingthe crumbs to coat both sides.  Place the chicken on the baking sheet,  Bake 15 minutes; turn over and bake about 15-20 minutes longer cooked all the way through.

The original recipe calls for whole-wheat cracker crumbs and four 3oz. skinless boneless chicken thighs.  The whole-wheat cracker crumbs add fiber and it works out to 4.5 WW points if you use these items instead.

 Total recipe would be 24.5 WW points.  There will be four portions, so divide by four for 6.13 WW points per serving.

Review and pic to follow tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment