Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Goat cheese Salad recipe


This was simple and very delicious.  I think it would be good with wine and soup. 
You will need:
Mixed baby greens
4 oz. goat cheese, sliced evenly into 8 slices.
1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
Mix the bread crumbs with the salt and pepper.  Add the oil and mix with a fork in a pie pan.  Bake the breadcrumbs for about 5 minutes.  Roll the cheese slices individually into the bread crumbs.  Bake for another 5-7 minutes.  Yum!  Top your baby greens with 3 slices of the cheese and enjoy.  I used balsamic vinegarette dressing.
Nutritionals:  (not counting dressing)
375 calories, 29.5 fat, 10.5 carbs, .5 fiber, 22 protein
Three slices with the baby greens are 4.5 WW points.

No comments:

Post a Comment