Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recipes for the Weekly Menu #6 Spaghetti and Faux Meatballs

This is just something I whipped up for a quick meal for the week.  I am going out to dinner with a friend tonight so this will be for Chris and the kids.  My kids like pasta but not sauce and they love these vegetarian meatballs! 

You will need:
one bag of Meatless Meatballs (I use Nate's Savory Mushroom from Whole Foods)
Your favorite pasta or whatever you have on hand (tonight is Halloween shaped pasta from World Market)
Your favorite sauce (I am using my homemade marinara-like sauce)
Parmesan for topping
Nutritionals:
meatless meatballs (serving size is 3 for these)- 100 calories, 4.5g fat, 6g carbs, 2g fiber and 8g protein.  This works out to 2.5 WW points.  You could eat 2 servings or 6 meatballs for 5 WW points.
1 cup pasta- regular is 5WW points, whole-wheat is 4WW points.
1/2 cup of store bought or homemade is 2 WW points.
2 TBSP grated Parmesan is 1 WW point.
Total with 3 meatballs and regular pasta would be 10.5 WW points.  Adjust to fit to what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment