Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review of Greek Veggie Burger and Homemade Fries

This was yummy!  We have had it before though.  I used a sweet potato and two red potatoes for the fries.  I tossed them all with 1 TBSP olive oil and salt and pepper.  I lined a cookie sheet with foil and sprayed it with Pam.  I let it bake for about 25 minutes at about 425.  You might want to keep an eye on it and rotate it depending on the heat of your oven.  I was watching these and moving them around with the veggie burgers.  I will definitely make this again.
Chris and I like this and I think next time we will just divide the olive garlic sauce in two.  The kids usually just split one patty and do the traditional ketchup and mustard.  Of course we would up our points but I think it works out to 1.5 WW points more.  Not bad!  We ate these with just the olive garlic sauce, nothing else.  It is very, very flavorful and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment