Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recipes for the Weekly Menu #5 Homemade Pizza (Repeat) with Picture and review

Homemade Pizza Tonight, YUM!

I made this last night, again but added tomatoes and red onions to the pizza.
We all love it!  Maura's favorite thing about it, the crust!  And I love that it is really low points and really high flavor!!!


I never knew the nutritional for the Whole Foods pizza dough and was tempted to call them but I found some online at this link;
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/whole-foods/pizza-dough/

You will need:
one container of dough-
1 cup pizza sauce (I use my homemade spaghetti sauce)
cheese- I used 1/2 cup mozzarella and 3/4 cup feta
meats and veggies of your liking

Nutritionals for the Pizza I made:
dough- 2 WW points (I didn't use all the dough for our pizza)
sauce- 2 WW points
mozzarella- 4 WW points
feta- 7.5 WW points
turkey pepperoni- 2 WW points
Kalamata olives- 2 WW points
hot pepper rings- free
tomatoes-free
red onion-free
There is a total of 19.5 WW points.  Make 8 slices and it is 2.43 WW points per slice.
I served this with a mixed greens salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment