Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Homemade Pizza Tonight, YUM!

Even without a review, I know that pizza is a favorite at our house.  I buy my dough at Whole Foods.  It is only $2.49 and I split it into one pizza pan for Chris and I and two layer cake pans for the kids.  I make three different kinds because my kids are particular about what they like.  Maura doesn't like red sauce on anything, pizza, spaghetti etc.  She has her's sauceless but with bacon, ham and pineapple or any combo of those things.  Nolan likes sauce and pepperoni and bacon.  And Chris and I like all different things.

I like to buy a few containers of the dough while I am there.  It freezes really well and I just thaw it in the fridge the day I will use it.  I have tried the whole wheat dough (which has 80 less calories) but I just don't like it.

I never knew the nutritional for the Whole Foods pizza dough and was tempted to call them but I found some online at this link;
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/whole-foods/pizza-dough/

You will need:
one container of dough-
1 cup pizza sauce (I use my homemade spaghetti sauce)
cheese- I used 1/2 cup mozzarella and 3/4 cup feta
meats and veggies of your liking

Nutritionals for the Pizza I made:
dough- 2 WW points (I didn't use all the dough for our pizza)
sauce- 2 WW points
mozzarella- 4 WW points
feta- 7.5 WW points
turkey pepperoni- 2 WW points
Kalamata olives- 2 WW points
hot pepper rings- free
There is a total of 19.5 WW points.  Make 8 slices and it is 2.43 WW points per slice.
I would serve this with a salad.

2 comments:

  1. oh man this sounds SOOOO good. Emma and Maura are alike no red sauce for her on anything either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love those banapepper rings on my pizza. Any excuse, but they're free food, throw em on anything! Salad, coldcut sammy, and pizza. More zippy. We had Jerk Chicken soft corn tacos with homemade avocado cream. But I'm still hungry. I did even go 100 calories over my day's limit. BUT, since i'm hungry again, I must've burned enough today. Good luck on tomorrow everyone Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete