Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Monday, March 7, 2011

A Very Easy Dinner for Tonight- Smoked Sausage and Pierogies

I decided that I am going to do a simple dinner tonight.  I promise I will have some more adventurous things on the menu for this week.

Tonight is Hillshire Farm turkey smoked sausage.  This is 90 calories, 5g fat, 3g carbs, 0 fiber and 9g protein.  It works out to 2.5 WW points for a 2 oz. piece which is a decent portion.  It would only be 5 WW points for 4 oz.

I am also serving these NEW potato, spinach and feta pierogies that I have wanted to try for a while.  My brother Joe, who also LOVES to cook says that they are delicious.
The serving size for these is 3 pierogies.  It is 180 calories, 3.5g fat, 31g carbs, 1g fiber and 6g protein.  It works out to 4.5WW points for the serving.  You could add or subtract more pierogies to your serving size keeping in mind that each pierogie is 1.5 WW points.

I will serve this with salad or green beans or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment