Welcome to My Kitchen

This is the place that I love to be. I like to be creative and cooking is what is doing it for me these days. It's kind of a necessity and it makes me feel accomplished. I like knowing what we are eating and where it comes from. I go out of my way to make sure this happens.
I like that I don't buy several household staples from a grocery store. I enjoy making applesauce, jams and jellies, apple butter, spaghetti sauce, spicy mustard, pickles and anything else I can.
I like getting dirty, getting my hands into things, feeling and experiencing my food from the beginning to the end. I like making things, growing things and bringing those two together to create a healthy meal. I like nourishing others and knowing that I did my best to give them the best.











Thursday, March 31, 2011

Provencal Chicken Strips Recipe

This is from the WW New Complete Cookbook.

You will need;
2 tsp olive oil
3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
6-8 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 TBSP freshly chopped parsley
1 TBSP capers, rinsed and drained
1 tsp red-wine vinegar
1 tsp finely chopped rosemary, or 1/4 tsp dried
3 cups hot cooked whole-wheat pasta
Directions:
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil.  Saute' the chicken, stirring constantly, 4 minutes.  Add the shallot and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through, 2-4 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, capers, vinegar and rosemary.  Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.  Serve the chicken mixture over the pasta.
Nutritionals:  Makes 4 servings, serving size is about 1 1/2 cups chicken and pasta mixture.  (I will measure out chicken mixture and let you know how much it makes when I make this).
266 calories, 5g fat, 33g carbs, 4g fiber, 24g protein= 6.5 WW points.
This would be great without the chicken with some fresh summer squash and zucchini in it's place.  You would need to adjust points for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment